The International Foundation for Rural Development (hereinafter ‘the Foundation’) is a Belarusian non-profit organization registered in Belarus on 25 January 2008. Registration certificate_ru.
The Foundation’s mission is to promote sustainable development of rural areas through mobilization, support and development of private initiative both independently and as part of the public - private partnership.
Foundation’s priorities for action:
1. Analysis and elaboration of strategies, thematic programmes and development projects.
Elaborated with our participation:
- Srategy for sustainable development of the Berezovsky district of the Brest region until 2030 (download)
- Strategy for development of rural and ecological tourism of the Slavgorod district until 2030 (download russian version)
- Regional cooperation plan aiming to improve sustainable development of the 5 rural areas of Mogilev region for 2018-2020 with priorities until 2030 (download).
2. Development and support of mechanisms to promote rural development (rural development and entrepreneurship centers, start-up, cooperatives, return funds, etc.).);
3. Development and implementation of educational programs to improve the competence of target groups in the field of sustainable development, economics, ecology, social entrepreneurship, etc.;
4. Networking at the local and regional levels;
6. Representation and promotion of the target groups interests;
7. Organizational development and consulting of non-profit organizations.
Our target groups:
- Villagers, initiative groups and their organizations;
- Entrepreneurs, owners of farmsteads, artisans, farmers;
- Non-profit organizations operating in the field of sustainable development, environmental protection and support of entrepreneurs;
- Local authorities (Councils of Deputies and Executive Committees at rural, district and regional level).
Moreover, we support:
- Women's leadership
- Socially vulnerable groups (residents of remote villages, people of pre-retirement age and young people without work experience);
- People with disabilities
Geographical scope of the work: